Dec 01, 2015
Student Of The Month (SOM) Awards Breakfast
Fallbrook Community CenterDec 03, 2015
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
Fallbrook Village Rotary Club Christmas Social
Vintana RestaurantDec 13, 2015
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Dec 15, 2015
12:15 PM – 12:45 PM
KARN Engineering & Surveying, Inc.Dec 16, 2015
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Dec 22, 2015
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Dec 29, 2015
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Make a Difference in Polio
Home Page Stories
GUEST SPEAKER: Janice Kurth, MD, PhD – District 5340, District Governor 2015-16
Dr. Eric Ramos - FVRC President
Dr. Janice Kurth - District 5340 Governor 2015-16
Christine Sommer - Asst. District 5340 Governor
Dr. Janice Kurth earned her B.A. in chemistry from Austin College, Ph.D. in human genetics from Stanford University, and M.D. from University of Arizona, with post-graduate training in internal medicine. Her professional career has included medical practice, academic and industrial biomedical research, product and software development, research management and pharmaceutical medicine. She is now retired to a busy life of service to her community, family and Rotary.
Janice is a member of the Rotary Club of del Mar. She was a GSE Team Leader to District 9200 (East Africa) in February, 2010 and has served District 5340 in many roles over the last 10 years and sponsored several Global Grants. She is very excited and honored to serve as District Governor in 2015-16. Janice is a member of the Paul Harris Society, the Bequest Society and a Major Donor to The Rotary Foundation. Her other service activities include student mentoring and The San Diego Women’s Foundation. In her free time, Janice enjoys running, weight lifting, traveling, reading, hiking, biking, and wine tasting. She has been married to her husband Matt for 27 years. They have two daughters, ages 24 had 26.
Dr Eric Ramos, Steve Achard, and Dr Janice Kurth
Eric and Janice presented Steve with a Certificate of Appreciation “In Recognition of 50 Years of Service to Rotary International”. Congratulations Steve – you are amazing and an inspiration to all of us.
In addition to Steve, Don Weeks and Erica Williams were given Certificates of Appreciation for their hard work and great contributions to the Club. Great job Don and Erica. We really appreciate you and all of your hard work.
Janice Kurth presents Don Weeks with a Certificate of Appreciation
Janice Kurth presents Erica Williams with a Certificate of Appreciation
President Eric Ramos and Milan Floribus
GUEST SPEAKER: Milan Floribus – Owner/Operator of AC Global Medical transport.
AC Global Medical Transport
Providing Air Ambulance and Medical Evacuation services around the world.
• AC Global Medical Transports is owned and operated by Milan and Joan Floribus. Milan has been involved in the air ambulance and medical evacuation industry since 1981 and is widely known and respected across the world. His wife, Joan, has been in the industry since 2006, and provides the highest quality patient care and medical evacuations via air ambulance available on the globe.
• AC Global Medical Transport Provides:
• Experienced Medical Staff
• Fixed-Wing Aircraft and Licensed Pilots (No Helicopters)
• On Board Medication Available
• Ground Ambulance Transport
• Cargo Door Aircraft Available for Loading and Unloading
• Logistics Experts To Get You Where You Need To Be
• Milan also talked about “The Air Rescue Card”
• For more information go to www.acglobalmedicaltransports.com or Milanfloribus@gmail.com or call Milan at 888-224-7490
• Click on "Read More" to see the flyer
Sandi Anderson, Karen Utley, Kathy Fortenberry, Kim Bruce, Eric Ramos
- Sandi Anderson is mom to Jared and Joel. She travels internationally to speak to other communities about Autism. She is on the committee of Jeremiah’s Ranch as the media representative and also on the school board of College of Adaptive Education, a college recently started by Jeremiah’s Ranch. Sandi is also one of the founders of Jeremiah’s Ranch.
- Kim Bruce is on the board and the committee as secretary at Jeremiah’s Ranch. She is one of the founders and is a very dedicated mom. Her son, Aiden, just started at Potter Middle School.
- Kathy Fortenberry is a hard working relator. Kathy is on the committee and is also one of the founders. She is selfless in her dedication to finding just the right piece of property to build this very important community.
Jeremiah’s Ranch is an adult special needs community providing family support for all ages.
Alain de Villiers & Eric Ramos
Guest Speaker: Alain de Villiers – Escape from Cuba & Border Patrol Agent
Alain de Villiers was born in Havana, Cuba in 1956. He arrived in the United States at the age of 6 in 1962. He grew up in four different states. He became a law enforcement officer in Weslaco, Texas in the early 80’s. In 1988 he joined the US Border Patrol working in California. He has been working for the US Border Patrol since then. Alain talked about getting out of Cuba and adapting to a new life in a new country with cultural and linguistic challenges.
On Saturday, September 5th District 5340 sponsored a day at Petco Park. The Dodgers vs The Padres.
- Eric & Karen Ramos and their daughter Katie and her boyfriend Tyler
- Melinda & Gordon Stone
- Don & Jennifer Weeks and their son Kenny & nephew Johnathin
- Karen Utley & Chuck Ibold & their son Kenzo & daughter in law Saori Tomitaka
Oh Well! At least the company was good!!
Oh - many thanks to Don for keeping copious notes on the game. If you want a re-cap ask Don.
Eric Ramos, Michael O'Leary, Erica Williams
- Eric inducted Michael O’Leary as our newest member. Erica sponsored Michael and we are happy to have him. Eric had Mike read the 4-way test.
Tom Meriwether, Quyen Wong, Raymond Wong, Eric Ramos
Guest Speaker: Raymond M. Wong – Author of “I’m Not Chinese – The Journey from Resentment to Reverence” – co-winner of the 2015 San Diego Book Awards Association Award for Best Published Memoir.
Tom introduced Ray. Tom met Ray after Ray gave a presentation about his book at the Fallbrook Public Library. Raymond Wong moved with his mother from Hong Kong to the United States when he was 5. He’s spent much of his life trying to figure out where he fits in. His memoir, “I’m Not Chinese,” recounts how a journey back to Hong Kong in 1996 helped him better understand his parents, their past, and himself.
George Archabald, Kevin Trafford & Eric Ramos
- Eric inducted Kevin Trafford as our newest member. George sponsored Kevin and we are happy to have him.
WELCOME TO THE CLUB KEVIN!!
Guest Speaker: Robert Brueggeman – President of Positive Protection, Inc. (PPI) & Executive Director of the Professional Numismatic Guild (PNG)
Karen Utley, Robert "Bob" Brueggeman & Eric Ramos
Robert is the founder and President of PPI, a California Security consulting Firm serving the Numismatic, Philatelic and Jewelry Industries since 1976. Robert is also the Executive Director of the PNG, a non-profit, International trade association founded in 1955, with membership stretching from the United States to nine foreign countries. It is also the governing body of the Numismatic Society. Robert holds degrees in both mechanical engineering and business administration. He has earned an outstanding reputation for his extensive business and management skills.
Bob is married to Linda (for many years) and between them they have 3 daughters, 1 son, and 9 grandchildren. They were 28 year Fallbrook residents and recently moved to Harveston Lake in Temecula.
Club Executives & Directors
Club Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 2186
Fallbrook, CA 92088
Fallbrook Village Rotary Club